May 18, 2016
(Bloomington, MN) – Bloomington Noon Rotary kicks off summer craft beer tasting with Cheers For Charity, the first major craft beer event of the summer. The event will be held Saturday, June 18th from 3-7 p.m. outdoors at the Mall of America, 8201 Avenue South (corner of 82nd Street and 24th Avenue South) in Bloomington. Admission is $40 per adult ($10 for designated drivers) and includes 50 beer tasting varieties from local craft breweries and international brands.
The admission ticket includes a Cheers For Charity commemorative tasting glass. Proceeds from this event support the Bloomington Rotary Club’s service projects and local community charities. Admission tickets are available online: www.cheersforcharity.com, sold by Club members and onsite the day of the event.
In addition to the unlimited craft brew tasting, Cheers For Charity includes food, beer games and live music. Visit https://www.facebook.com/bloomingtoncheers/
The Mall of America location offers ample free parking and easy access to a Metro station. Tasters must be 21 or older with an ID required. Sorry, no pets are allowed. Featured breweries are Surly, Indeed Brewery, Toppling Goliath, Summit, August Schell, 612Brew, and Town Hall.
The event includes 50 beer tasting varieties to sample with unlimited tasting. Here are just a few highlights of the participating breweries:
- Newly opened U4ic Brewing from Blakely, MN is doing a special tapping of “Blakely Chernilla Stout” which is brewed with cherries and vanilla and served on nitro.
- Toppling Goliath Brewing of Decorah, Iowa boasts 2 of the top 5 beers on the Beer Advocate Top 250 rankings. They’ll be bringing Pseudo Sue, which has a perfect 100 rating on the site.
- Surly Brewing will be bringing specialty kegs of Cacao Bender and #Merica.
- Forager Brewing from Rochester, MN has promised some special undisclosed beers that they will be pouring from crowlers (32 oz cans).
- Newly opened Modist Brewing is bringing four beers including a cold press coffee lager infused with Two Cousins espresso from Wesley Andrews.
- Local favorite Town Hall Brewery will be bringing a special double dry hopped version of their West Bank Pale Ale in addition to their specialty IPA “Mango Mama.”
- In addition to beer, attendees will have the chance to taste four craft ciders: Number 12 Cider House, Milk & Honey Ciders, Lionheart Ciders, and Sociable Cider Werks.
ROTARY CLUB OF BLOOMINGTON NOON
Cheers For Charity is a premier event for craft beer enthusiasts while raising funds for local non-profit organizations. If you love craft beer, are looking for fun outdoor entertainment and enjoy supporting local charities serving our community, this event is perfect for you.
This is the Club’s largest fundraiser of the year with 100% of the net proceeds supporting the Bloomington Rotary service projects and charity grant program.
Rotary is a service organization whose members are committed to giving back to their community as well as the world. Club members volunteer time, energy and enthusiasm throughout the year, partnering with numerous charitable organizations in our community to make a difference in the lives of others.
Service projects include the VEAP Student Hunger Project, filling backpacks with weekend food for families; STRIVE, a Kennedy High School Mentor and Scholarship Program; Pack to School, backpacks loaded with school supplies for elementary and middle school students in Bloomington; Reading to Children, providing international elementary children and families struggling with the English language the opportunity to learn more language skills in a safe and fun evening of practice, reading, and hands-on activities; Meals on Wheels, delivering hot meals to seniors in their homes; Loaves & Fishes, purchasing, preparing and serving dinner and sharing fellowship with those in need; and Camp Enterprise for high school students participating in a business immersion camp experience.
Charity grant support includes Artistry, Courage Kenny Center, Education Foundation of Bloomington, Greater Twin Cities Youth Symphonies, Normandale Community College and Good in the ‘Hood.
For more information about Cheers for Charity go to www.cheersfor charity.com or contact Ken Ritterspach, Event Chair at (952) 457-5292 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Rotary Club of Bloomington Noon go to www.bloomingtonrotarymn.org or contact Mary Kurth, President at (952) 884-8534 or email@example.com
Carolyn Pratt, Public Relations Chair